Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bill and the Country Bumpkins

Bill has been following my posts regularly.  He wants to make sure that I'm not going to blog anything bad about him, I guess.

He's been fairly amused by most of the entries.  Of course, he's living the life with me, so he knows all the details not posted.  But he also is nervous that people are going to think we're country bumpkins.  I think it was writing about cooking on the wood burning stove that prompted that.

No, we're city people that foolishly thought that living in the country would easy.  Har.

It's not that country living is hard, it's just lots of hard work.  There's always something that needs to be done.  Of course, we're always behind on something as we continue to work on building the house.  But overall, it's a great life.  You couldn't pay me enough to move back to the city.

I also think it's important to share all the things that went wrong, not just the successes.  I'm thankful that I am constantly learning new things.  And I'm really thankful that I can see a sunrise like I never did while being a city dweller.  It kind of makes all the chores worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment