Monday, January 3, 2011

Move Your Money

This has a wonderful, informative, troubling, thought provoking short video called Move Your Money.

http://moveyourmoney.info/   Put your dough in the local credit union.  At least they will recognize your face after a while.

Just a bit about investing, not that I am anywhere nearly qualified to tell you what you should do with your hard earned cash, but for me the bottom line is this:

No one cares more about my money than I do.

So we took control of our money.  See the emphasis on OUR money?  After making very little or losing at Waddell and Reed, we closed our accounts.  They tried their hardest to talk us into leaving it there, saying we weren't qualified to invest, etc, etc.  You know what?  There are places out there in cyberland that will teach you how to do it.  One of our favorites is Motley Fool.  Follow their advice, do research on your own, bury it in a fruit jar, just take control.

After a 'learning curve', we started making more money with Bill handling the investing than what we ever did with Waddell and Reed.  And we were with them for over 20 years.  Shame on us.

I'm actually okay with burying some cash in a fruit jar, but Bill won't let me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! this post caught my eye. I am totally w/ you on it's "YOUR" money..it's not Uncle Sam's money..your investment company's money..etc. There are a few things we've done w/ our $ the past 10 yrs that is very non-traditional..and I am VERY glad I have a wife who is 110% on board w/ our choices. I just book marked your blog...we have similar interests. DM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete