Monday, January 30, 2012

Chaos at My Feet

The day following my previous post, there were more cats missing.  Three of our little cats and one that was about a year old.  I plunged into a deeper slump.  With four of them gone at one time, I figured it had to be a coyote pack that thought my property had a cat buffet. 

I was down to two barn cats.  I kept thinking of Barb's comment (below previous post).  I was moving on towards acceptance - telling myself that I did give them better care than a lot of folks out here give their outdoor cats.  I picked them up (well, most of them anyway) every day, fed them twice a day, fresh water daily, basic vet care, several straw bale shelters to choose from and a few hidey holes in case they needed a quick escape.

A couple mornings later, I was almost dreading the daybreak.  I was afraid I might see just one cat or worse yet, no cats.  When I finally forced myself to look out, wow!!  The four were back!  I took their food outside and had the usual tangle of six cats at my feet. 

I'm okay with it.  In fact, now I enjoy it.  All that purring and meowing is music to my soul.  I'll continue to miss Frank, but I'm so thankful that I still have the others today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marianne! I am so happy that the four prodigals have returned. I was so sad thinking of you losing Frank and the thought of you losing these four would just be too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerio! Good to hear from you! And thanks for the nice comments, too - you're such a sweetheart, I miss reading your journal. Guess I better check in with the forum to see wasss happening, huh?

    ReplyDelete