Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finding the Balance

Bill and I have been married for 38 years.  He's your basic, three bedroom ranch house kind of guy that's married to an extreme home, should-a been a hippie kind of gal.  So, about 5 years ago, we finally agreed on a 4 acre bit of neglected farmland and moved, determined to build a nice house by ourselves. 

I wanted something more 'green' and sustainable, like strawbale, he wanted something that he was familiar with  - like the building process - and more like what everyone else had. It's not that either one of us was right or wrong -  it was all about finding the balance that worked for us.

My passion is to live a more sustainable life, be kinder to the earth and lower my consumerism.  I do believe
whenever possible, use what Nature gives you.  Recycle, repair, reuse, rethink, repurpose - and reusing is more important than recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment