Sunday, September 15, 2019

Taking Care of Myself

And here it is. The reason why I haven't journaled for a few weeks. Carpal Tunnel and Trigger Finger release. AND of course, arthritis hit in the "long" finger knuckles two weeks before surgery. I couldn't even manage a proper bird for some time. My hand was wrapped up for two weeks. I got the stitches out four days ago. Swelling and ice bags, but it's getting better and I'm now able to use the mouse and have some computer time without doing the one handed business.

I had pain from the surgery, more than I expected. I was thankful they prescribed the pain pills. Having two nurses tell me that it was 'going to hurt like hell' the next day and encouraging me to stay on top of pain medication... well, I knew what to do. But I was also depressed, ate and sat, ate more and watched more TV. I still can't exercise much because of swelling in that hand. Sounds weird, huh. But it's putting pressure on some tendons. I have a couple of fingers that flat out hurt when I stretch my arm out, like reaching for something. I also can really feel it even with my arm hanging down by my side. I guess trying to do even some leg exercised got the blood moving around enough to where my hand was asking me what the hell was I doing.

I finally weighed, sadly 208. I also decided to measure the fattest part of my belly, sadly 48". More depression.

BUT yesterday, I had to admit that everything I was trying to do just wasn't working for my individual body. Doing the vegetarian/vegan thing wasn't the right thing for me even though I'm a believer in that lifestyle. I wasn't eating cookies and junk food, I was eating 'good for you' fruit. And  a peanut butter sandwich, or one slice of good bread. Didn't matter. I have been doing the same thing over and over, hoping for different results. For four years. I must be a slow learner.

So, a couple days ago I decided to do a lower carb thing, while still trying to maintain some ethical considerations in eating meat and dairy, plus trying to avoid the  inflammation and trigger foods listed on earlier pages. I ate low carb all day yesterday. This morning, 207 pounds, waist 47". Down a pound, one inch less fat.

I'm not going to weigh or measure for another week. Last time I went low carb, I felt like crap. This time, maybe a few more carbs will help, yet still less than I usually eat in a specified period.

I'm also upping my vitamin D3 to 10,000 to 15,000 units a day and adding 200 vitamin K2-MK7. I had heard of this book years ago and finally ordered it today, based on reading a lot of the reviews. I encourage you to do your own research and make your own decision.


Belly Fat


Small steps. But I'm more determined than ever before.



No comments:

Post a Comment