Saturday, August 24, 2019

Getting Started

Captain's Log 08.12.19

Engage

Starting weight - 207.5
I had a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, then went back for one slice of grainy bread with peanut butter, later a banana. Coffee (Pyure sweetener and powdered coffee creamer) and an elderberry drink that I make (recipe at the end of this post).

I follow Curtis Adams on YouTube. He has a series of exercises for seniors and you can do them in a chair. He's my dude. Stuck it out for 20 minutes, so I'm making progress. A week ago, I struggled to do 10 minutes. I didn't exercise for a couple days because I was aching so badly. I don't know if it was because I ate some tomatoes, or because of the weather change. Maybe both.

I have everything laid out to go into a black bean soup for lunch and then leftover soup for supper.

I found these little acronyms to live by: WOE and No S

WOE= Way of Eating
No S= No Snacks, No Sweets, No Seconds (except on the days that start with S or Special occasions.)

Yeah, I can do this.

My biggest obstacle is that I stay up really late, some nights I don't even go to bed. Sucks. And I'm snacking, snacking, snacking half the night. I tell myself that it's all good for you stuff, like frozen grapes, maybe a piece of toast with peanut butter and honey....more fruit.... what needs to be eaten from the frig AKA leftovers, brazil nuts....chocolate chips with raisins in a little cup...you get the idea.

I also don't eat complete meals. I snack off and on all day long, so I'm not really hungry at meal times. Then I keep grazing from the kitchen the rest of the time.

One step at a time.

My Elderberry/Apple Cider Vinegar drink (I make my own elderberry syrup and ACV. Both taste a lot better than stuff that you buy):

Into a quart container: 2 Tablespoons Elderberry syrup, 2 Tablespoons ACV and sweetener to taste. I use the equivalent of 3 tsps of sugar. Add water to fill container, refrigerate and drink throughout the day.

I am sold on drinking this. I had chronic bronchitis bouts all the time last year. If I was lucky, there would be three weeks in between being sick, but most of the time I was sick for two weeks, then better for two weeks, then sick again, and on and on. I started drinking this in January and honestly, I have not been sick ONE DAY this year.  Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I'll keep drinking it. I don't drink the entire quart every day. Some days I only have a glass of it.

Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment